5 Things to Keep in Mind to Avoid Debt
by Alesha Wilson
Many people make the mistake of buying things that they cannot pay for, all thanks to the freedom given by credit cards. The problem is that paying for it becomes quite a challenge. Not everyone can pay on time, and that’s when the credit card companies ax you for the interests. If you want to live a debt free life, here are a few pointers to remember:
1. Avoid temptations. Sales can easily catch your attention and before you know it, you are already buying things you don’t really need. You even condition your mind into thinking that you actually need them. To avoid such temptations from being triumphant in taking your hard-earned money, keep your credit card at home. Do not use it unless it is really necessary.
2. Don’t be impulsive. Always remember that discounts won’t exist if companies are not profiting from them. Their main concern is their sales, not your needs. You can survive without buying another pair of shoes right after buying one last week. Just because it’s half-priced doesn’t mean you have to buy it.
3. Avoid the malls when you are sad or stressed. According to research, you make poor judgment when you are tired. You might just buy whatever you find in the mall without putting much thought into its price. The fact that you won’t have to pay for it in cash tends to make it more attractive.
4. Choose quality over price. You don’t have to buy the most expensive items when there are others that are higher in quality in comparison to them.
5. Think of the consequences. Buying more unneeded things will take money away from food and other necessities. There is a high chance that this will cause a fight between you and your spouse. Do you really think it’s worth it to buy that expensive blouse when your family could become a broken family because of it?
Alesha Wilson is a staff writer at RockwellNutrition.com.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ideas for Free or Inexpensive Family Fun.