What's In This Monthly Newsletter Issue?
*All about the new US tax rebates coming this spring/summer--your questions answered!*
*Free Organic Coupon Offer*
*Visit Our Newest Pages*
*Ways to Save Money On Spring Clothing for Your Kids
*Cheap Recipe of the Month
*Product Review--WT Direct Online Savings Accounts Reviewed
Tax Rebates -- Your Questions Answered
If you live in the United States, you know that Congress just passed a new tax rebate package. Checks are supposed to begin going out in May. Here are common questions answered:
1. Will I get a check?
If you file taxes as a "single" your adjusted Gross income must be below $75,000 on your 2007 tax return, and less than $150,000 if you file as a couple. Low income senior citizens and disabled veterans will also receive checks.
2. How much do I get?
You get up to $600 per person or $1200 per couple, with an extra $300 per child. If you didn't pay any income tax, but earned more than $3,000 this past year, you get $300 per person or $600 per couple.
3. Do I have to pay the rebate back on next year's taxes?
No, it is a one time tax credit that is an advance on a tax credit you will recieve on your 2008 tax return. So you still get your usual refund back next year also.
4. When do I get my check?
Experts estimate anytime from middle of May through July. But, hey, it's the government so it could take even longer.
As a final note, I encourage all my readers to use the rebate check to pay down debt or put it away for a rainy day. Don't just go out and blow it all on a spending spree.
Free Organic Milk & Yogurt Coupons from Stonyfield Farm!
Click on the link below to access your free coupons for the following products:
Organic Baby and Kids Yogurt
Organic Ice Cream
Organic Soy Yogurt
Coupons must be printed in Internet Explorer.
FREE COUPONS FROM STONYFIELD FARM
VISIT OUR NEWEST PAGES ON MOMS-LIVING-DEBT FREE!
I have been busy adding new pages to the site about all sorts of topics. Be sure to check them out below:
Find out about Saving Money On Dental Care
Save Money on Easter Expenses this Year
Is It A Good Idea to Borrow Money from Family Members?
Three Ways To Save Money On Your Children's Spring/Summer Clothing
It's the time of year when moms start thinking about getting ready for spring and summer. This includes getting out last year's clothing and finding out what your child can still wear and what she/he has outgrown. Maybe you also have a special wedding or graduation that you will need clothing for. Here are three ways moms can save money on summer wardrobes:
1. Check with friends and family who have older children. Especially with babies, they outgrow their clothing so fast that it is not worth it to go out and buy new clothes. If you have a friend or family member with older children than yours, they may be happy to let you borrow the clothing their children have outgrown. This could save you lots of money!
2. Shop at consignment shops. This is the time of year that consigners are bringing in spring and summer clothing. Look in your Yellow Pages for your local consignment or used clothing stores. Often, these stores have specials (example: Wednesday is 20% off day). It doesn't hurt to at least call and ask before you go.
3. Shop at garage sales. This is my personal favorite. Most of my boys' clothing is from yard/garage sales. Usually I can get a whole wardrobe for $20 or less. It's great to pull up to a garage sale and find lots of clothing in your child's size, and it's fun to see what other treasures you can find.
Budget Recipe of The Month -- Family Friendly Meatloaf
Serve this tasty meatloaf with baked potatoes and a salad to eat dinner for under $5.00!
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1 pkg French Onion Soup mix
1 cup oatmeal
Preheat oven to 350. Mix ground beef, 1 egg, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 pkg French onion soup mix, and 1 cup oatmeal together thoroughly in large mixing bowl. Put into greased meatloaf/loaf pan. Bake for 1 and 1/2 hours.
Product Review -- WT Direct Online Savings Accounts
If you are getting a tax refund, it is a good time for you to open an online savings account. Experts recommend putting away $500-$1000 for unexpected emergencies.
WTDirect savings accounts have one of the highest interest rates available today. They have a variety of features and support, making this a great choice for your savings account.
Features and benefits of this savings account include:
1. Interest rates consistently in the top 5% of US Banks—earn more interest with your money.
2. No fees, no minimum deposit to open an account. (So you can start out with just a little money!)
3. FDIC insured
4. Direct phone customer service available.
I hope you have enjoyed this first issue of Debt Free Moms. Feel free to use the contact form below if you have any questions or comments about or newsletter.
Email Us with Questions or Comments