What's In This Monthly Newsletter Issue?
*What are some FREE or low-cost summer activities to keep my kids busy?
*Free Colgate and Gerber Baby Food Coupons
*Visit Our Newest Pages on Moms-Living-Debt-Free.com*
*What to Look for At Yard Sales this Summer
*Cheap Recipe of the Month
*Product Review-- Maternity HealthCare Savings Card
Free and Low-Cost Activities to Keep Your Children Busy this Summer:
Most parents don’t want their children sitting in front of the television all summer. We grew up in an era where you played outside with the neighbor kids until dark and came in, had dinner, and caught fireflies until bedtime. Many of us don’t live in the same safe neighborhoods, and need some alternatives for our children. Here are a few good ideas:
1. Vacation Bible School – Check out local churches in your area. Often they will have a Vacation Bible School that is 9:00-12:00 each morning. You kids can have fun games, crafts, a snack and a great storytime. VBS is usually free. My son went to several Vacation Bible Schools last summer, and loved it. He’s already looking forward to going this summer.
2. Swimming Lessons —Local community pools will offer low-cost swimming lessons in the summer. Your child should enjoy cooling off, and it’s important for kids to know how to swim.
3. Community Recreational/Park Day Camps – Often for a minimal fee, your child can go to a day camp in the morning at a local park in your community. They can play, do crafts, games, and more. Check out your town/borough’s website for more information.
4. Library Story Hours – Check for summer story hours or reading programs. Make reading a big part of your child’s summer. It will help him/her for school in the fall.
Free Coupons from Colgate (Dental Hygiene Products) and Gerber Baby Food!
Click on the link below to access your free coupons for the following products:
FREE COUPONS FROM COLGATE
FREE COUPONS FROM GERBER BABY FOOD
VISIT OUR NEWEST PAGES ON MOMS-LIVING-DEBT FREE!
I have been busy adding new pages to the site about all sorts of topics. Be sure to check them out below:
Find Out How to Make Money with Your Own Website
Learn How to Sell on Ebay
Save Money on Organic Food and Produce
Yard Sales --- Shop For Bargains All Summer Long
One of my favorite Saturday pastimes is going to yard and garage sales during the summer. It’s a time away from the kids to enjoy shopping (and not spending a lot of money). Here’s some of the great deals to be had:
1. Clothes for the kids (and maybe even yourself!) Kids don’t wear out their clothing, so my kids are always clothed in Gap, Gymboree, Land’s End, and other name brands that I got at yard sales for $1.00 or less.
2. Furniture for your home. I got an antique rocker for 25 cents once. If you get out early enough, you will find all sorts of furniture at discount prices.
3. Toys. I get my children’s toys at yard sales, in like new condition. Sometimes I even find toys NEW in the boxes that I can save for Christmas presents.
4. Baby items. Are you expecting a new baby? Look for bargains on cribs, swings, jumpers, bouncers, and more. It’s not uncommon to get a whole crib bedding set for less than $5.00!
Budget Recipe of The Month -- Make Your Own Yogurt
Make your own yogurt without a yogurt maker. It's easy and economical!
4 cups water divided
1 1/2 tablespoons plain yogurt (with active cultures)
1 3/4 cups dry milk powder
Fruit or maple syrup to sweeten yogurt
Pour 2 cups of water into a sealable 1 quart container, and stir in the yogurt until dissolved. Whisk in powdered milk until completely blended. Fill with remaining water, and stir. Close the lid, and set in a warm place for 12 to 15 hours. You can use a gas oven (turned off), or even a heating pad. Refrigerate, until chilled before serving. Add your own flavors such as fruit or sugar or maple syrup.
Product Review -- Maternity Card
Are you without health insurance and finding yourself pregnant? Do you know someone who is? Does your health insurance not cover very much? Check out the Maternity Card savings program. You can save on all these items (even if you are already pregnant):
• Doctor Visits
• Hospital Stays
• Lab Work
• 24 Hour Counseling
• 24 Hour Nurse Hotline
• Pre Natal Vitamins
• Newborn Tests and checkups
• Prescription Coverage
• Fertility Treatment/Therapy
I would definitely recommend this program if you are pregnant and looking for ways to save money. Click below for more information or to sign up:
I hope you have enjoyed this second issue of Debt Free Moms. Feel free to use the contact form below if you have any questions or comments about or newsletter.
Email Us with Questions or Comments