Living within our means
by Melody Champion
(Santa Maria, CA)
1. Stopped using credit cards
2. Use automatic bill pay to avoid paying late fees
3. Eat out less or have eating out double as the entertainment
4. Phoned my cable company & asked for their current promotion, which lowered my bill. (I do this every year-because the promotion usually lasts about 1 year)
5. Phoned my cell phone company and asked for a deal also, they were able to give me a month free of service.
6. Make my own powdered laundry soap. It's easy, quick, fun, gets the clothes remarkably clean and has saved me a ton of money.
7. Recently started making my own fabric softener....love it, too!
8. Switched my Netflix plan to only online--we had the plan with 1 DVD per month but now we save $8.00 per month. For movies we can't get through Netflix streaming, we use Redbox.
9. Cook more than enough dinner for lunch/dinner leftovers-big money & time saver!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Tips for Lowering Your Bills.