It is not hard to make money selling on Ebay. Of
course, most people know of the online auction listing site, but most people
are buyers and not sellers. Believe it or not, selling things on ebay
is not hard at all. In fact, many people earn a full-time living just doing
online auctions. Whether you want to make money selling on ebay by selling
extra stuff you have around the house such as your children's outgrown
clothing, or buy items to resell on ebay, it is a great way to earn
some money. Here are the basics to get started:
1. First, register on ebay to set up an account. To
do this, you will need to click on the "sell" link at the top of the
Ebay homepage. From there, Ebay will guide you step by step into setting an
account up. It's easy, and it's the basic step to getting started with earning
2. Take good photographs of the items you list. Once you have an item you are listing, make sure that you take great pictures of it with your digital camera. Like they say, a picture is worth 1,000 words. Don't do your items injustice by neglecting to use great pictures.
3. Research the items before you list them to make sure they will sell. It costs money (a small amount) to list on ebay, so you want to make sure your items will sell before you go to the work of listing them. Search the completed items to see if your items are selling. Some things just don't sell well, such as non-name-brand clothing or worn clothing.
4. Consider using a low starting bid to generate more interest. For some reason, people will be more likely to bid on an item if there are a lot of other bids. If you start your auction low, you will likely get a higher price in the end.
5. Write a good title and description Use your title to carefully and concisely describe exactly what you are listing. Don't say "girl's dress size 4", say "Beautiful Girl's GAP Spring Dress 4/4T". Be sure to write your description to catch people's attention. Don't be afraid to use lots of adjectives.
6. Set your shipping costs at a reasonable amount. Charging too much for shipping will scare a lot of buyers away. Also, always use delivery confirmation to protect both the buyer and yourself. Consider combining shipping if a buyer purchases several items from you.
7. Use paypal. If you use only money orders, a lot of buyers won't bother bidding on your auction. Buyers like to be able to buy and pay instantly.
Anyone can make money selling on Ebay, but you also need
to know what to sell. Here are a few ideas:
1. Children's and adult's brand-name clothing (girl's clothing sells better than boys)
2. Antiques and collectibles (but you have to KNOW what you're selling)
3. Books and textbooks (for homeschoolers and college students)
4. Jewelry (especially antique or gold jewelry)
There are a lot of items in the back of your closet that you don't need. Start making some money by selling them. Selling on Ebay is fun.